Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Day 2 @ Singapore

Part 1

Part 2- Day1 http://chocmud.blogspot.com/2008/02/day-1-singapore.html

Today only I manage to capture my super lucky room number. So auspicious number for Chinese. Anything to do with 8 is lucky.
A unique collection of deco. If I saw this lamp before my wedding, I would have search high and low for it as a deco in our bedroom.
An illusion or a photo edits? Non of it. The glass is really one sided in real. Cool huh?
A view from our seats. You can imagine how our breakfast must be like. SO Yummy although we just take a light one.
Another lovely deco by the side door leading to the restaurant. It's just a bunch wire with lights in between but not all knows that by turning them into balls, they will look so unique.
Even the chairs are so lovely........
Right after breakfast, we were off to Bugis Street, the heaven for shopping cheap stuff in Spore. It says in the banner that Bugis Street is the largest shopping location in Spore.
As we approached a bun stall, I peep inside to see what is that big bread. I don't know how to read the chinese character, I just ignored it. While I was busy trying to figure out if it's real, Hubs read out aloud, " I am not real" in Mandarin. Haha....so all along this fake bun has been staring back at me shouting, "I'm fake" but I turn a deaf ear, cause I'm a banana... ;p
Bugis Street is so big they need signboard to show more shops over the other side.
A temple was built among the shop lots. I wanted to capture this shot for you to see and I totally did not realize there was a non-photo-taking sign just 10 feet away from me. Lucky I didn't get caught. Or else I'll be paiseh (embarrass) again.
There's nothing special about this roadsign. I just took it to show Hubs' best friend that he's so rich to own a mall and a street named after him...hehe
Lunch was taken at a nearby cafe, Breko Cafe. What is so special about this that we went there?
Well, to be honest, we did not plan for this. We happen to passed by with a hungry tummy and seriously in need of cool place. Coincidently this place has air-con, thank god!
Although hungry, we couldn't eat much. So we just order some drinks and a snack. While waiting for our food to come, we planned for tonight's journey. See the circles and arrows?
Hubs ordered a beer to cool off.
While I opted for an ice-blended chocomocha with cookies, I think.
For snack, we tried it's potato boat. It was a fist big potato, slit in the center and stuff with mayo+spices and top with fried minced meat. Yummy! It was just enough for two of us.
After the lunch, we walked around a little and headed back to hotel for a bath before going to Chijmes for dinner....

No comments: