Sunday, March 30, 2008

A visit to Dragon I, QB

Since it opened for so long, I've only been looking at it from afar. Never has it cross my mind to try it as I've heard numerous feedback stating it was very expensive and the portion is very small. That a basket of Siew Long Pao costed more than RM5 (>RM1 for a small pao). Everytime I passed there during meal time, there will always be a long queue waiting outside. I used to wonder how good is the food in there that is attracting such a long queue. I was lucky to be given a chance to dine there when SIL treat us for a dinner on one fine Saturday night. We reached there before 7pm, so immediately we were ushered into the semi full reastaurant. As we entered the dining area, I observed the structure and found it's interesting lighting. The lights that looks like it's made of paper and hanged on the ceiling.
The seatings are also quite unique as there are several different theme. This section is overlooking the sea outside QB.
Ours was placed just beside the above area, facing the butt of a stones warrior ;p


The plates and spoons are like those in normal restaurant.
Ok, here comes my favourite siew long pao a.k.a Shanghainese Steamed Meat Dumpling (RM8)
Get a closer look...ain't they look so juicy and tender? *droooling*
Next to come is the Sauteed Spare Ribs with Signature Sauce (RM20). Quite a small plate for this price.
Stir fried string bean with minced meat (RM14) definitely a cut throat vege. Although it's expensive, I still will order it the next time as the taste is very delicious.
Sauteed diced chicken with dried chilies looks like their signature dish. It taste a tad too spicy for me although I'm a chili padi myself.
Definitely loves this dish...my favourite egg. The bottom was eggs cooked in steam style with vege and mushroom, an egg was cracked and pour on top part while everything is still hot and ready to serve. Sauteed egg white with fish and dried scallop (RM16)
Something tofu...Casserole Beancurd Seafood (RM18). Another delicious dish
As all the dishes are satisfactory, we decided to give it another try on the Sichuan style La Mien (RM12). This is not to my liking as the taste is a bit weird. Grinded peanuts were put on top giving it a peanut taste while eating the mee...not matching at all. I'm not a peanut lover for sure.
As we finished our dinner and make way to the exit, we came upon the usual long queue. Thank god we were early. Overall, we are so satisfied with food and ambience. Will definitely go for it again next time, but not so soon as the price is a constraint ;)
Price: above average
Ambience : Terra Cotta style
Food: Delicious
Service: Good

No comments: