Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Eden Handicap Center

I'm so happy to announce that for the first time, I'm organising a charity work. Hubs and I were firstly introduced to this center about half a year ago. The story started when Hubs received a forwarded email in search of good samaritans. Eden, a center set up by a lovely couple to cater to the needs of special children is dependent solely on donations. It's not like orphanage home, it's more of a center that takes in special children either part time or full time from the low income parents who are not able to take care of their special child. They will be put under the care of home-parents ( a term they used to describe the guardian who stayed in the center to cater to the children). For those who has reach the schooling age, they will be sent to special school, just like what the other normal kids would experience. Every time we go to do donation, the children will surround us, asking us a lot of questions and sometimes even perform dancing or singing for us. They will ask us to join in. It's just so much fun watching them. To be able to connect to them, you can feel their pure heart and innocence.

Once in a while, there will be good samaritan who organize an outing for the children to enjoy like normal kids. Last weekend when we went over to do donation, an idea struck me.What I'm going to do is not like bringing them to outing. I don't have the ability to take them out yet. I suggested to Hubs to give their gate wall a new coat and let it look more lively. I saw that their grass was trimmed and new playground accessories. So a new coat will see that the place is more organized and hopefully it will attract more donors. Oh, I'm so excited to do this. I had asked Hubs to call up the person in charge to get permission and at the same time, we will ask around if anyone is interested to join also. I mean it's not everyday you can bring joy to someone in need. I will update the charity work.....with lotsa pictures after the project is done. That is if we have the permission to do it. Please bless us.

If anyone wish to donate to this center, feel free to drop me a comment and I will get back to you. I will also update the details of the center so you can directly go and take a look.

No comments: