Friday, January 4, 2008

Cold war again?

Went back to mum's place for dinner today. Did the usual routine and sat down to take a rest while going thru the cook book. I had wanted to cook for Hubs for so long but just didn't get to do it. First reason, I don't know how to shop for those ingredient in the book. They all just sound so alien to me. Secondly, I don't own a kitchen yet. Since I was staying with PIL, I just leave the cooking for MIL. As I was flipping the pages, Mum asked me to pour 'cold tea' for Hubs. Being lazy at that time and wanted to 'teh' Mum, I asked Hubs to get it himself. Reason being him asking me to do it myself when I'm at his house. But after much pestering from Mum, I ended up getting Hubs a glass of it. I could see that Hubs was not happy at that time already. How? His blacken face was so significant. I tried to talk to him but his just sort of ignored me. He complained that he felt I was complaining to Mum. And Mum might think he's ill treating me at his house. I totally have no such meaning. I mean, he always tell me to not be paiseh and get the things myself. But here he is, expecting me to do it for him. I know it's necessity for wife to take care of husband but then, there are times when the wife is lazy too right?
This is not the first time I'm receiving this cold treatment. He could go on to ignore me for quite sometime. I recall that most of the time when I'm not happy with him, I'll be ok in very short time. I'm starting to wonder a few possibilities.
When he's angry.....
1) Am I not sensitive enough to care for his feeling? That's why he's always agitated by me?
2) Is he getting more and more sensitive that small jokes will turn into serious argument?
When I'm agree...
1) Was he so good that he knows me inside out, thus I don't have chance to be agitated for long? Or was he a good persuader that always manage to cool me off easily?
2) Am I quite a care free person that I don't keep those small small things in heart for long?
The answer to this I have to find. I really don't know how to keep myself from getting into hot water. I had made my must-do list for 2008 and one of them is to be a good wife. Now I'm worry how I can be one when Hubs is always agitated by me....sigh

No comments: