Wednesday, January 16, 2008

New year, new vision

I am not going to go thru the boring new year mission, vision, whatever -sion you think of. This is the vision- eye sight. Yup, I thought I could keep it a secret until everything is over and I can sit here without my glasses. Oh, how I dread looking in my glasses. A few years back, I went to shop for a pair of new glasses with my girl friend. The glasses were going on RM99 for a pair. How cheap! Indeed it will be that cheap IF your eye power is not that high. Mine was a whooping -0.55 at that time. So with the super thin lens, multi-coated, and others, it topped up to be RM260 for a pair. Tell me about how cheap. Since I'm a contact lens person, my glasses will not make its appearance to public unless under special unavoided moment; i.e. after too long wearing contact lens, at night at home, and the one I dread the most, eye infection.

Half year ago, I went to Bangkok and got myself infected AGAIN. So I was warned to be off contact lens for at least one month. However, constant nagging from Hubs had me promise to only wear contact lens when I'm not working. For the first few months, I feel that's my ugliest moment of my life. I don't dare to walk around in the office. As soon as I step into office, I'll head straight to my cube and be in there till off work. Now I'm getting used to wearing glasses, I still feel ugly.

Many people had made comment on my glasses, asking me to get a new one. But NO! I told them. Secretly, I had made decision to get vision correction. I was planning to do it sometime around March, after my project is complete. But things don't always go the way we plan it to be. My projects was put on hold and I was moved to another super hectic project. And all the hectic moment will last till JUNE/JULY! That is totally not cool. So schedule change, plan change. I called up iLaser@Island Hospital and after a list of question, I set the date for check up and operation. I had my check up yesterday. Everything is fine. And I'm ready for my operation on tomorrow. After that, I'll be taking my own sweet one week time to rest at home. As for my super hectic projects, it can't affect my decision anymore. My life does not resolve around my job. I got to do what I like first before I do what I have to.

No comments: