Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Guilty

Two nights ago FIL asked if we will be coming home for dinner the night after. Hubs said yes but I longed to go home. FIL said something bout tapao-ing roasted pork, definitely no where in my favorite list. I could not say it right there and then that I wanted to go back my home, what IL will think right? So most of the things I have to go thru Hubs. The next day, which was yesterday, I told Hubs I want to have dinner with Mum. He nagged a bit cause I should have told him earlier instead of asking his mum to cook. He made a call home to let MIL know we will not be having dinner at home. Everything settle but not on FIL side. Apparently he went to Balik Pulau with his gang and he bought not only roasted pork, but also crabs and other stuff. When we reached home last night, as usual he was down there with his gang. And MIL didn't say anything about it. This morning as we were about to leave for work, PIL mentioned that we said wanna come back for dinner but didn't show up. All the stuff he bought has to be distribute to neighbors. I felt so guilty. It doesn't help when Hubs gave me the look- see-you-should-have-said-earlier-look. Till now I'm still feeling a ping of guilt. Sorry!

1 comment:

Precious Pea said...

Wait, am completely at lost. FIL and PIL is the same??? Well...don't blame yourself. Seems like you are caught in between. Aiiiii....that is what i hate about being married!