Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The Last Day of 2007

I had so much to blog after the one day holiday and no pc for me. I really have to blog on my very last day of the year. It all started like this....

Most of the people is taking 31st Dec off since it's a Monday and 1st Jan fall on Tuesday which means they will have a total of 4 days holiday. As for me, I'm trying to save on my annual leave and thus I went to work even though I felt so lazy. Since my lunch kaki was not here, I went for lunch with Hubs at Kg Jawa. We met up with another 2 friends there. Hubs warned me bout the food there and told me the nicest is the chicken rice and Char Kuey Teow. So I gave a deep thought and went with the chicken rice. I mean, no matter how bad, the chicken rice will not be as bad since it's just roasted chicken and rice. It turned out I was so wrong. The chicken was the worst I've ever had. I could not imagine a roasted chicken could taste so yucks! After lunch we went to Public Bank to open a new account. RHB was not giving a good service, I planned to terminate it and get a new bank. The number on the screen was 3047 and mine was 14 people away. We waited for almost 30 mins to get to my turn and another 10 mins for them to approve my bank book.

Half a day gone. Since it was already late, I dropped Hubs off at his office and drove back to mine. When I reached office it's almost 2pm. Upon getting off from the 16 years old Satria, I heard some hissing noise and smoke smell. Went on to check the front portion of the car and found that the noise was from inside and so was the smell. There were spots of yellow liquid too. Immediately, I went back into the car to check the temperature level but it showed normal. I thought everything was normal since I seldom check the car after driving.

In the office, I checked my mail to see that my blocks I was working were not error free yet and I had to wrap up that very day. One by one, I tried to solve and without realising, it's already 4.30pm. I promised Hubs to go home earlier bur seeing this problem, I'll be thankful if I can go back by 5pm. Hubs called to remind that we haven't buy the flower bouquet for tomorrow's mass wedding. Oh Sh*t! Will the florist be able to prepare the bouquet in such a short notice? Heck, better worry about my blocks first. Immediately after checking in all the blocks to server, I speed off to fetch Hubs. After driving for not more than 10m, the car decided it's time to rest for the year. Hubs saw the temperature shot up till "H". Stopping by the road side, he called for help to friends and SIL. Lucky thing, one of his friend was working just a building away from where we parked our car. So that's where we get the water supply for the tank. Apparently, the tank was so empty we had to fill more than 3L of water. Suspecting that the tank was leaking, we had the car parked back at the office and took SIL's car instead. Then after dropping her off at her house, we went in search of a nearby florist. Ideal florist located at iAvenue was our savior. We got the flower in less than 30 mins.

After a hectic day, we went to bed earlier and waited for the firework to go off. We did not welcome the new year in a very good way. Earlier on, I snapped at Hubs but then I had already cool off. While having a heart to heart talk on the bed, I was jokingly turn away from Hubs but he got the wrong signal. I was expecting him to come over and hug me but he turn his back instead. This was not a good sign. I was trying to figure out what went wrong and at the same time felt hurt that he had his back to me. That was one thing I dislike the most. What felt like an hour long cold war was actually just 10mins or so only. I knew he was not feeling any better than me, so I went over and apologize to him. After getting out what's in our heart, we felt so so so much better. Reconciled and after wishing each other Happy New Year, we got our rest to prepare for the next day to be legally married.


No comments: